The library at the Greenwood Genetic Center has an extensive collection of English language monographs concentrated primarily in the areas of genetics, birth defects, and embryology. The library also maintains approximately 50 current journal titles and another 50 non-current titles. In addition, a collection of audiovisuals is maintained for educational use within the state of South Carolina.
Policies for Library Use
- The library is open for use by the public during regular Greenwood Genetic Center hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Library users need to check in with the librarian upon their arrival.
- Library users may make copies of materials in accordance with copyright law. There is a charge of 15 cents per page for copies payable at the time the copies are made.
- If a MEDLINE search is requested, library users will be charged according to the complexity of the search and how many citations are printed. This fee is payable at the time the search is done.
- Circulation and interlibrary loan procedures are as follows:
- Audiovisuals may be borrowed for one week for classroom use by South Carolina educators and should be requested through the borrower's school, college, or public library using standard interlibrary loan procedures. For any request not made through a library, a $50 deposit per item borrowed will be required.
- Books may be used in the library during regular hours.
- Copies of journal articles may be requested electronically through National Library of Medicine's DOCLINE (LIBID SCUWGR) or other standard interlibrary loan procedures. Charges may apply.