Cooley Coleman, Jessica
Dr. Cooley Coleman joined the Greenwood Genetic Center in 2010 as a Molecular Laboratory Technologist. She was promoted to Lab Manager in 2016. In 2019, she joined the Healthcare Genetics PhD program at Clemson University while continuing to work full time at GGC. After completing her PhD in 2022, she assumed the position of Staff Scientist for the Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory at GGC. In this new role, Dr. Cooley Coleman is responsible for developing, testing, and implementing innovative assays and technologies that can be used to increase the diagnostic yield for our patients.
Dr. Cooley Coleman is a board certified technologist in molecular biology through the American Society of Clinical Pathology. She is a member of the Association of Genetic Technologists, the American Society of Human Genetics, and the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics.
Office (864) 941-8188
Fax (864) 941-8141
- BS, Biology, Erskine College, 2010
- PhD, Healthcare Genetics, Clemson University, 2022
- Molecular Technologist, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2010-2016
- Lab Manager, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2016-2022
- Staff Scientist, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2022-present
- Sohn, Y. B., Roger, C., Stallworth, J., Cooley Coleman, J. A., Buch, L., Jozwiak, E., Johnson, J. A., Wood, T., Harmatz, P., Pollard, L., Louie, R. J. (2022). RNA analysis of the GALNS transcript reveals novel pathogenic mechanisms associated with Morquio syndrome A. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism Reports, 31 (2022), 100875. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymgmr.2022.100875
- Cooley Coleman, J. A., Sarasua, S. M., Moore, H. W., Boccuto, L., Cowan, C. W., Skinner, S. A., & DeLuca, J. M. (2022). Clinical Findings from the Landmark MEF2C-Related Disorders Natural History Study. Molecular Genetics & Genomic Medicine, 10(6), e1919. https://doi.org/10.1002/mgg3.1919
- Cooley Coleman, J. A., Sarasua, S. M., Boccuto, L., Moore, H. W., Skinner, S. A., & DeLuca, J. M. (2021). Comprehensive investigation of the phenotype of MEF2C‐related disorders in human patients: A systematic review. American Journal of Medical Genetics, Part A, 185(12), 3884–3894. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajmg.a.62412
- Cooley Coleman, J. A., Sarasua, S. M., Boccuto, L., Moore, H. W., Skinner, S. A., & DeLuca, J. M. (2021). Tremors: A concept analysis. Nursing open, 8(5), 2419–2428. https://doi.org/10.1002/nop2.840
- Gong B, Li D, Kusko R, Novoradovskaya N, Zhang Y, Wang S, Pabón-Peña C, Zhang Z, Lai K, Cai W, LoCoco JS, Lader E, Richmond TA, Mittal VK, Liu LC, Johann DJ Jr, Willey JC, Bushel PR, Yu Y, Xu C, Chen G, Burgess D, Cawley S, Giorda K, Haseley N, Qiu F, Wilkins K, Arib H, Attwooll C, Babson K, Bao L, Bao W, Lucas AB, Best H, Bhandari A, Bisgin H, Blackburn J, Blomquist TM, Boardman L, Burgher B, Butler DJ, Chang CJ, Chaubey A, Chen T, Chierici M, Chin CR, Close D, Conroy J, Coleman JC, … Xu J (2021). Cross-oncopanel study reveals high sensitivity and accuracy with overall analytical performance depending on genomic regions. Genome biology, 22(1), 109. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13059-021-02315-0