Assistant Clinical Geneticist
Dr. Stolerman joined the Greenwood Genetic Center in September of 2013. He is a clinical geneticist with experience in internal medicine located in the
Greenville office of the GGC. The majority of his time is devoted to the diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with known or suspected genetic
conditions. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (2003, 2013) and the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (2009).
Office (864) 250-7944
Fax (864) 250-9582
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, B.S. in Biology, 1994
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, M.D., 2000
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Boston Medical Center, 2000-2003
- Residency in Medical Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2006-2009
- Postdoctoral Fellow and Clinical Instructor, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 2009-2010
- Attending Physician, Internal Medicine and Clinical Genetics, Southeast Georgia Health System, Kingsland, GA, 2010-2013
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA, 2010-2013
- Stolerman ES, Smith B, Chaubey A, Jones JR. CHD8 intragenic deletion associated with autism spectrum disorder. European Journal
of Medical Genetics 2016:59(4):189-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmg.2016.02.010
- Walford GA, Colomo N, Todd JN, Billings LK, Fernandez M, Chamarthi B, Warner AS, Davis J, Littleton KR, Hernandez AM, Fanelli RR, Lanier A, Barbato
C, Ackerman RJ, Khan SQ, Bui R, Garber L, Stolerman ES, Moore AF, Huang C, Kaur V, Harden M, Taylor A, Chen L, Manning
AK, Huang P, Wexler D, McCarthy RM, Lo J, Thomas MK, Grant RW, Goldfine A, Hudson MS, and Florez JC. The Study to Understand the Genetics of the
Acute Response to Metformin and Glipizide in Humans (SUGAR-MGH): Design of a Pharmacogenetic Resource for Type 2 Diabetes. PLoS One. 2015; 10(3):
- Walford GA, Davis J, Warner AS, Ackerman RJ, Billings LK, Chamarthi B, Fanelli RF, Hernandez AM, Huang C, Khan SQ, Littleton KR, Lo J, McCarthy RM,
Rhee EP, Deik A, Stolerman E, Taylor A, Hudson MS, Wang TJ, Altshuler D, Grant RW, Clish CB, Gerszten RE, Florez JC. Branched
chain and aromatic amino acids change acutely following two medical therapies for type 2 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism (2013), 10.1016/j.metabol.2013.07.003
- Soranzo N, Sanna S, Wheeler E, Gieger C, Radke D, Dupuis J, Bouatia-Naji N, Langenberg C, Prokpenko I, Stolerman E, Sandhu MS,
Heeney MM, Devaney JM, Reilly MP, Ricketts Sl. Common variants at 10 genomic loci influence hemoglobin A1C levels via glycemic and nonglycemic
pathways. Diabetes 2010; 59(12):3229-39. Epub 2010 Sep 21.
- Stolerman ES,, Florez JC. Genomics of type 2 diabetes mellitus: implications for the clinician. Nature Reviews Endocrinology 2009;5(8):
- Stolerman ES, Manning AK, McAteer JB, Fox CS, Dupuis J, Meigs JB, Florez JC. TCF7L2 variants are associated with increased proinsulin/insulin
ratios but not obesity traits in the Framingham Heart Study. Diabetologia 2009;52(4):614-620.
- Stolerman ES, Manning AK, McAteer JB, Dupuis J, Fox CS, Cupples LA, Meigs JB, Florez JC. Haplotype structure of the ENPP1 gene and
nominal association of the K121Q polymorphism with glycemic traits in the Framingham Heart Study. Diabetes 2008;57(7):1971-1977.
- Fang C, Carlson CS, Leslie MP, Tulli H, Stolerman E, Perris R, Ni L, DiCesare PE. Molecular cloning, sequencing, and tissue and
developmental expression of mouse cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP). Journal of Orthopaedic Research 2000;18(4):593-603.
- DiCesare PE, Carlson CS, Stollerman ES, Chen FS, Leslie M, Perris, R. Expression of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein by human
synovium. FEBS Letters 1997;412(1):249-252.
- DiCesare PE, Carlson CS, Stolerman ES, Hauser N, Tulli H, Paulsson M. Increased degradation and altered tissue distribution of
cartilage oligomeric matrix protein in human rheumatoid and osteoarthritic cartilage. Journal of Orthopaedic Research 1996;14(6):946-955.
- Scher DM, Stolerman ES, DiCesare PE. Biologic markers of arthritis. American Journal of Orthopedics 1996;25(4):263-272.