Assistant Clinical Geneticist
Dr. Prijoles provides clinical genetics services to patients through the GGC Columbia office. She is also involved in teaching medical students, residents, and genetic counseling students. Her areas of interest include dysmorphology, birth defects, and single gene disorders. Dr. Prijoles is certified by the American Board of Medical Genetics (2007) and the American Board of Pediatrics (2004).
Any patient with a birth defect, learning problem, developmental delay, or known/suspected genetic condition may be seen in the office located in downtown Columbia or at outlying clinics in the mid-state area. On-site consultations are available for individuals who are affiliated with the Department of Disabilities and Special Needs. Consultations are also available for hospitalized patients.
Office (803) 799-5390
Fax (803) 799-5391
- BS, Biology, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, 1997
- MD, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC, 2001
- Pediatric Residency, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC, 2001-2004
- Clinical Genetics Residency, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, 2004-2006
- Assistant Professor, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Genetics and Metabolism, Tampa, FL, 2006-2013
- Assistant Clinical Geneticist, Greenwood Genetic Center, Columbia, SC, 2013-present