Assistant Director, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory
Dr. Caylor joined the Greenwood Genetic Center as Assistant Director of the Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory in 2018. Before coming to the Greenwood Genetic
Center, Dr. Caylor completed his Clinical Molecular Genetics and Genomics fellowship training at Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO. He is
a member of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics, the American Society of Human Genetics, and the European Society of Human Genetics.
Office: (864) 941-8171
Fax: (864) 941-8141
- B.S. (Health Science) Valley City State University, Valley City, ND, 2007
- Ph.D. (Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology) University of Kansas, 2014
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Kansas, 2015
- Clinical Molecular Genetics and Genomics Fellow – Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO, 2016-2018
- Assistant Director, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2018
- Isabelle Thiffault, Emily Farrow, Lee Zellmer, Courtney Berrios, Neil Miller, Margaret Gibson, Raymond Caylor, Janda Jenkins, Deb
Faller, Sarah Soden, Carol Saunders (2019). Clinical Genome Sequencing in an Unbiased Pediatric Cohort. Genet Med. 21(2):303-310
- Isabelle Thiffault, Maxime Cadieux-Dion, Emily Farrow, Raymond Caylor, Neil Miller, Sarah Soden, Carol Saunders (2018). On the verge of diagnosis: Detection, reporting, and investigation of de novo variants in novel genes by clinical sequencing.
Hum Mutat. 39(11):1505-1516.
- R.C. Caylor, L. Grote, I. Thiffault, E. Farrow, L. Willig, S. Soden, S.M. Amudhavalli, A.J. Nopper, K.A. Horii, E. Fleming, J. Jenkins,
H. Welsh, M. Ilyas, K. Engleman, A. Abdelmoity and C. Saunders (2018). Tuberous sclerosis as an atypical or incidental diagnosis in three families.
- Caylor, R.C., Jin, Y., & Ackley, B. D. (2013). The Caenorhabditis elegans voltage-gated calcium channel subunits UNC-2 and UNC-36 and the calcium-dependent kinase UNC-43/CaMKII regulate neuromuscular junction morphology.
Neural Dev. 8: 10.